Nepal Tour Package, Green Nepal Tourism, Perfect Travel Partner, Tours in Nepal, Nepal Trekking Operator, Peak Climbing
Green Nepal Tourism Pvt. Ltd
Your Perfect Travel Partner !
Gov. Regd:311512
You are Here >> Home » Company » FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Who can do trekking in Nepal? 

If you are physically fit and get pleasure from walking you can do any trekking. Generally the short treks is easier then the longer ones, it frequently need a better standard of fitness. All trekking in the list have been graded. We offer you a different graded trekking trial as your wish, physically condition & previous experience so you'll be able to do trekking.


How do I get to Nepal?

You can fly directly to Nepal from your country. After your flight you will arrive on Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, which is the only one international airport in Nepal.

Tribhuvan International Airport has direct air-link with Shanghai, London, Osaka, Hongkong, Frankfurt, Singapore, Delhi, Dubai, Bangkok, Bombay and Calcutta. Lufthansa, Air India, Royal Nepal Airlines, Malaysian, Jet, Thai and Singapore etc… are the airlines that bring most of the foreign travelers into Kathmandu.

Alternatively, if you are in India and interested traveling overland to Nepal you can entry via India by crossing the open border of Nepal & Indian.


Do I need a visa to travel in Nepal?

Yes, all foreign nationals need visas to enter Nepal, except Indian citizens.


What do I need to get my visa? 

You need a minimum 6 months valid passport, two passport size photos and US dollars ($) in cash. 


Where do I apply to get my visa?

You can apply for visa in the Nepalese diplomatic missions in your home country.  The other choice you can get an arrival visa from Immigration office at the entry points of Nepal.


What is the currency of Nepal?

Nepalese currency is spelled as Nepalese Rupees or Rupee (Rs) or Nepali Rupee, and in short it is written NRS or RS. 100 Paisa equals 1 Rs. Currently notes of the following denominations are used: 1000, 500, 100, 50, 25, 10, 5, 2, and 1 rupees and the coins of the following denominations can be found: 1 paisa, 5 paisa, 10 paisa, 50 paisa and 1 Rs, 2 Rs, and 5 Rs. But coin hasn't been popular in Nepal and hence it is approximately always unseen in business. It is recommended that you travel with smaller notes in less populated areas, while large notes are easily accepted somewhere else.


Are there ATM facilities in Nepal?

Yes, in Kathmandu, Pokhara and others popular cities. Master Card, Visa Card are also received in all leading hotels, shopping centers, bars and restaurants in Nepal. 


Is someone will be in airport to pick me? Is the transfer included?

Yes, our airport representative will come to the airport (Tribhuwan International Airport) to pick you. S/he will be showing a play card of Gold Mountain Nepal Treks & Expedition Company with your name in-front of the terminal. Airport transfer is included.


Is there an airport tax in Nepal?

Yes, it is already included in your flight ticket.


How safe for the travelers in Nepal?

It is safe to walk around the city from morning to late evening. But we would like to advise not to trek alone. Trekking with a guide from a registered company is the top security. Don’t show your cash or valuable things & always lock your room and luggage.

If your valuable items are lost, you can contact the Tourist Police to make documents for theft to claim your insurance.


Is there Public toilet in Nepal? Can I use the toilet?

Yes, public toilets can be used on small fee. But travelers are advised to make use of the toilets at the restaurants, shopping malls etc which are cleaner then the public toilets.


Do I need a trekking permit?

Yes, for the trekking areas such as the Everest, the Annapurna and the Langtang, and others restricted areas. Your visa is not enough for the trekking. You can issue the trekking permits very easily by the Department of Immigration Office & Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu and Pokhara. You can issue the trekking permit by registered trekking company as well. For the process of trekking permit you need a passport with valid visa, Permit fee and two passport-sized photos. Keep in mind that you need different trekking permits to different trekking regions. If you are doing any Mountain Peak Climbing, it has a different category, and will require a different permit. You can contact us for more details.

If you have further questions regarding any travel information, feel free to write us at  or